Community Newsletter and Survey
We are seeking feedback from the community about our plans. Since we formed our committee we have held open houses throughout the area but not everyone goes to community meetings, which is why we are sending out this newsletter and survey.
Building Upon the Success of the 100 Wild Islands
The Wild Islands Tourism Advancement Partnership aims to build upon the success of the 100 Wild Islands campaign by the Nova Scotia Nature Trust, and is looking to position the area from Musquodoboit Harbour to Sherbrooke as a one-of-a-kind sustainable tourism destination that is recognized internationally.
What happened to STEP?
The Strategic Tourism Expansion Program (STEP) process ended on April 7th, 2016 with the Funder’s Presentation, whereby the STEP Strategic Plan and its findings were presented to ACOA, local funders and the public.
However, this tourism initiative is still in its early stages. Plans for future project leadership and funding were developed and outlined in the STEP Strategic Plan. This led to the formation of WITAP, which is the group which will continue to move this initiative forward. All future efforts of the initiative must align with the Unique Selling Proposition (USP), Vision Statement, and Positioning statement listed in the STEP Strategic Plan.
Strategic alignment with key partners
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- The Province of Nova Scotia
- Halifax Regional Municipality
- Municipality of the District of St. Mary’s
- Tourism Nova Scotia
- Destination Eastern And Northumberland Shores
- Nova Scotia Nature Trust
Research >> Product >> Brand >> Marketing >> Demand
1. Document and interpret the heritage of the wild islands
2. Archaeological survey of the wild islands
3. Deliver local experiential tourism-product workshops & market readiness assessments
4. Deliver local tourism development workshops using proven methods
5. Prepare island-viewing look offs and a water/land route-guide
6. Develop essential-visitor-services strategy
7. Assess development opportunities for linking arts, culture and wilderness areas
8. Develop an inventory of the wild island assets
9. Develop a brand/identity
10. Prepare content for online marketing